A marriage can be registered by the High Commission and Consulate General office, if
- One of the parties to the marriage is a Sri Lankan Citizen and has given Notice of Marriage to the Mission;
- The marriage may be registered in the High Commission after a lapse of twelve (12) working days from the date of receipt of the Notice of Marriage and within three (03) months from such date.
- Forward your application to the respective offices, closest to your place of residence
- High Commission of Sri Lanka in Islamabad
- Consulate General Office in Karachi
Application process and documents to be submitted
- Application Form
- Valid passports of both parties
- Two (02) witnesses with photo identification documents
- Bachelor Certificate by both parties
- If he/she is a Sri Lankan, this should be obtained from the Grama Niladari (Village Headman) in the applicant’s city/village, which should be endorsed by the Divisional Secretary and thereafter by the Consular Affairs Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Colombo 01.
- If he/she is a non-Sri Lankan, this should be obtained from the Embassy/ High Commission of the country of his/her nationality.
- Notice of Marriage –Notice of Marriage Form B 100
- Declaration – Declaration Form for Marriage
- Proof of Residence
- Notice of Marriage (General/Kandyan) Pk Rs. 3200.00
- Registration of Marriages (General/Kandyan/Muslims) Pk Rs. 5300.00
- Registration of Marriages under special License (General/Kandyan) Pk Rs. 7050.00
- Issuance of Certified copy of a Marriage Certificate(General/Kandyan/Muslims)Pk Rs. 2100.00
- Application for marriage licenses under Section 24 (Notice of Marriage) Free of Charge
applicant has to visit physically the High Commission or Consulate office, and he/she can pay by Cash.
Special Notes (Important)
- Fees will not be refunded under any circumstance, after issuance of an official receipt;
- Translations will not be accepted as originals;
- All photocopies should be on A4 size paper;
- High Commission will attest the documents and return the originals to the applicant