Lost or stolen passport Instruction to follow
If your passport is lost or stolen, it is your responsibility to inform the concerned authorities’ immediately. Failure to do so may result in your lost or stolen passports being used for illegal activities and you may be liable for aiding and abetting an offence.
IF YOU ARE IN SRI LANKA:
- If your passport is stolen or lost you can report the incident by phone to immigration Department hotline 011 532 9326 and fax 011-2885358. Operators are available 8.30 a.m. to 4.00 PM, Monday-Friday, excluding Government holidays.
- Make a complaint to your local police station as soon as possible.
- Police will transmit the details of your complaint to the Department of Immigration and Emigration.
- Upon receipt by Immigration the details from the police, Immigration and Emigration Department will take necessary measures to cancel the stolen, lost or missing passport.
- Passport reported lost or stolen can no longer be used for travel. The details of cancellation will be automatically shared worldwide to avoid misuse. Never use the lost or stolen passport again, even you find it later, after making a complaint. You are strongly advised to obtain a new passport immediately to avoid inconvenience.
IF YOU ARE IN OVERSEAS
- Make a complaint to your local police station in the country of residence and obtain a Police report.
- Download a stolen or lost passport complaint form.
- Submit the duly filled complaint form together with Police report to the nearest Sri Lanka Diplomatic or Consular office.
- Sri Lankan Diplomatic Mission or Consulate shall transmit to the Immigration Department in Sri Lanka the details of the stolen or lost passports. Upon receipt of such information, we will take necessary measures to cancel the stolen, lost or missing passport.
Passport reported lost or stolen can no longer be used for travel. – The details of cancellation will be automatically shared worldwide to avoid misuse. Never use the lost or stolen passport again, even you find it later, after making a complaint. You are strongly advised to obtain a new passport immediately to avoid inconvenience.
- If you find another person’s lost Sri Lankan passport, please mail it in a sturdy envelope to the address below.
Lost / Stolen Passport Desk
International Cooperation Unit
Department of Immigration and Emigration
- Never use a Passport reported stolen or lost.
- Passport reported stolen or lost are invalidated and can no longer be used for travel.
- The information you provide regarding a Stolen or Lost Passport will be entered in our Stolen/Lost Passport System and automatically shared internationally through INTERPOL
- If you recover the passport after you have reported it lost or stolen, please submit it to the address listed above. When you submit it, if requested – we will cancel it and return it to you. If not requested, it will be destroyed.
- Once a passport is reported lost or stolen, it cannot be re-validated.
Forward your application to the High Commission in Islamabad OR Consulate General Office Karachi.
Steps to be taken immediately by the owner of the lost or stolen passport & Checklist for a new document
- Making a Complaint Immediately
- Make a complaint to the local police station and obtain a Police Report.
- Lost or stolen passport holder has two options
Applying for an emergency / identity document
This is a one way document, ONLY to return to Sri Lanka, which is valid for 03 months.
In this case the applicant must apply for a Non Machine Readable Passport (NMRP). Please apply under “CBR 004- Emergency Passport/Non Machine Readable Passport (NMRP)” section.
Applying for a new passport
Note: In this case, all specific requirements for applying for a “New Sri Lankan Passport” will apply in addition to the requirements given below)
Apply a new passport
- Application Form K – I.E. 35A
Can be downloaded from, www.immigration.gov.lk
- Form D in duplicate
- Statutory Declaration
- Stolen or lost passport complaint form
- Police Report (Police report must contain the lost/stolen passport number)
- Personal declaration (letter with applicant’s signature) stating the circumstances in which the passport was lost or stolen, including all contact details Personal data page of lost or stolen passport (If available)
- Personal data page of lost or stolen passport (If available)Applicable fee PKRs. 59700.00
Personal data page of lost or stolen passport (If Not available)
- Applicant has to pay by Cash to the High Commission or Consulate office.
- Note: Credit/ATM/Debit cards AND personal or Company cheques will not be accepted.
Special Notes (Important)
- Fees will not be refunded under any circumstance, after issuance of an official receipt;
- Translations will not be accepted as originals;
- All photocopies should be on A4 size paper;
- High Commission will attest the documents and return the originals to the applicant
- If a deletion of child’s name from parent’s passport is required; parent’s passport must be submitted.
- Parents, who are also applying for a new passport along with their child/children, do not need to delete the child’s details from their passports, since parents will be issued with a new passport.