Department of Immigration and Emigration Suhurupaya,
Sri Subuthipura Road, Baththaramulla,Sri Lanka.
Hotline : 0094 71 9967888
Telephone : 0094 70 1777555, 0094 11 5329422
Fax : 0094 11 2674631
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site : www.immigration.gov.lk
Email : email@example.com
A Sri Lankan visa is an endorsement on a passport or a similar document to facilitate the legal entry of non Sri Lankans into the country and to regulate the period of their stay and the conditions governing such stay.
Sri Lanka Immigration and Emigration may grant or issue a visa to you if –
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you are suitable to enter Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration approves the purpose for which you are entering Sri Lanka.
- You hold a passport valid for a minimum period of six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you have adequate funds for your maintenance whilst in Sri Lanka and for the payment of your return passage to the country which issued your passport.
- You are in possession of a written assurance (ticket) to return to the country of domicile or a visa to the next country of destination if you are a visit visa holder.
With effect from 1st January 2012, all Holiday or Business travelers to Sri Lanka must have Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for entering in to Sri Lanka. Please visit http://www.eta.gov.lk for more information.
The facility for applying Business Purpose Visa is at present available only at the Head Office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration and the Sri Lankan Overseas Missions.
When applying ETA by third parties payments are to be made through the arrangement made in our website www.eta.gov.lk and obtain acknowledgement of ETA application. Any payments made to other websites or agencies are not valid to process a valid ETA. Therefore, always ensure that the payments made by accessing to Sri Lanka ETA website and avoid making repayment at the port of entry to Sri Lanka.
Working Hours of Department of Immigration & Emigration – Sri Lanka.
- Acceptance of all applications -8.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
- Collection of visa after submitting the applications -8.30 a.m. to 12.oo p.m.
The office closes on weekends and Public Holidays.
Below mentioned persons are eligible for Visa Exemptions
- Sri Lankan dual citizens.
- Children whose birth has been registered under section 5(2) of Citizenship Act – 1948 up to 21 years of age.
- Children born in Sri Lanka for Sri Lankan parents under 21 years of age