The holder of a Diplomatic or Official Passport or a passport with a valid Diplomatic or Official endorsement will not be required to pay any fees for the visa.
Foreign nationals intending to visit Sri Lanka for Diplomatic or Official purposes should forward their ETA applications to the Department of Immigration & Emigration through relevant Sri Lanka Government Ministries and Agencies or Sri Lanka Overseas Missions.
- Gratis (Free of Charge) basis is applicable only for Diplomatic and Official passport holders.
- The Gratis ETA is granted for ordinary passport holders, on the basis of arrangements made between the Government of Sri Lanka and the respective countries.
- Diplomatic & Official passport holders should follow the normal ETA application procedure for their personal visits. However, the Gratis ETA is granted for Diplomatic and official passport holders, on the basis of arrangements made between the Government of Sri Lanka and the respective Foreign Governments
- Diplomatic and official passport holders should not apply Tourist/Business ETA for their official visits or to engage in any official assignments in Sri Lanka. Please note that Tourist/Business ETA cannot be converted into a Residence visa at any circumstances.
- Diplomatic & Official/Service passport holders from the following countries are exempted from the ETA processing fee and the ETA procedures for their official and private visits to Sri Lanka. A visit visa will be issued on arrival to Sri Lanka for passport holders of these countries.
|Country||Type of Passport||Duration of the Visa period|
|Socialist Republic of Vietnam||Diplomatic, Official||90 Days|
|Republic of Cuba||Diplomatic||90 Days|
|Republic of Indonesia||Diplomatic, Official, Service||30 Days|
|Union of Myanmar||Diplomatic, Official, Service||30 Days|
|Islamic Republic of Pakistan||Diplomatic, Official||30 Days|
|Federative Republic of Brazil||Diplomatic, Official, Service||90 Days|
|Republic of Chile||Diplomatic, Official||90 Days|
|Republic of Seychelles||Diplomatic, Official, Ordinary||60 days at each visit and cumulative duration of 90 days in a year|
|Peoples Republic of China (PRC)||Diplomatic, Official, Service, Public Affairs||Up to 30 days|
|Kingdom of Thailand||Diplomatic, Official||Not exceeding 90 days|
|Republic of Kenya||Diplomatic, Official||Up to 30 days|
|Republic of Belarus||Diplomatic, Official||Up to 30 days|
|Islamic Republic of Iran||Diplomatic, Official, Service||Up to 30 days|
|Republic of Maldives||Diplomatic, Official, Ordinary||Exemption of Ninety days Visa fee|
|Republic of Singapore||Diplomatic, Official, Ordinary||Up to 30 days|
|Republic of India||Diplomatic, Official (for diplomatic and|
official visits only) (If employed by an International body or agency, Visa/ETA should be obtained for official and private visits)
|Russian Federation||Diplomatic, Official, Service||30 days|
|Republic of Philippines||Diplomatic, Official||30 days|
|Republic of Kazakhstan||Diplomatic, Service||30 days|
|Government of Georgie||Diplomatic, Official/Service||Not exceeding 90 days in any 180 days period|
|Republic of Romania||Diplomatic||Not exceeding 90 days within any 180 days|
|Hong Kong SAR||Citizens of Hong Kong SAR||30 days|
|Bangladesh||Diplomatic, Official||30 days|
|State of Qatar||Diplomatic and Special passport||Up to 30 days|