Sri Lanka welcomes senior foreign nationals who wish to a prolonged stay in Sri Lanka on Residence
The Visa under above program is SRI LANKA MY DREAM HOME PROGRAMME VISA.
Some Special Reasons to choose SRI LANKA MY DREAM HOME PROGRAMME,
- Residence visa valid for 02 years which is renewable, will be granted
- Feeling welcome and safe while living in Sri Lanka among who are kind to foreigners.
- Enjoying range of climates, seasons and temperatures etc.
- Endless outdoor health-giving opportunities for golf, tennis, physical training in gyms, marathon running, swimming, surfing, snorkeling, sea or fresh water fishing, bird-watching and observing nature in world class game reserves.
- Luxurious furnished houses or flats are available on the tropical coastal belt, in the scenic central highlands and in the main cities
Eligibility requirements for Dream Home visa scheme
- Any foreign national over 55 years of age
- should remit US$ 15000 or the equivalent in an approved foreign currency and depositThose in a fixed deposit account in an approved any bank in Sri Lanka.&
- A monthly remittance of US$ 1500 or the equivalent in an approved foreign currency for
The principal applicant and US$ 750 or the equivalent in an approved foreign currency
For each spouse and dependent child* for their upkeep (if accompanied by
spouse/children) in a savings or current account in an approved any bank in Sri Lanka.
Documents need to submit with the Dream Home visa application
- Residence Visa Form with 02-passport size photographs. Application is available in the Visa Division of the department of Immigration Emigration or Download from www.immigration.gov.lk website from the below link. (http://www.immigration.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=105&lang=en)
- A certified copy of Passport/ Travel document (All pages)
- A certified copy of latest Bank Statement / other related financial documents to indicate the financial capability to support stay in Sri Lanka
- Source of income (Pension / Superannuation) for monthly Remittance for US$1500 for principal applicant and US$750 for each dependent.
- Police clearance certificate not later than 06 months from the country of domicile
- Marriage certificate of claim Residence Visa for spouse.
Terms and conditions applicable
- Applicants under this scheme may withdraw their entire fixed deposit anytime should they decide to terminate their stay in Sri Lanka. However, they must obtain prior approval from the Controller of Exchange in Sri Lanka through the Controller General of Immigration Emigration to withdraw funds. Interest gain from the fixed deposit can be withdrawn and spend for the applicant’s upkeep.
- Should possess a valid medical insurance policy, which is applicable in Sri Lanka.
- Should submit a police clearance certificate from the country of domicile. A police clearance certificate from Sri Lanka at the time of renewal of the residence visa
- Not involve in any type of criminal activities.
- Should not involve in any type of political activities in Sri Lanka and not participate in any activities that can be considered as sensitive to the local people and a threat to the security of the country
- No paid or unpaid employment while staying in Sri Lanka
- Resident Guests Applicants are bound by the rules and regulations of taxes of Sri Lanka and they are liable to pay relevant taxes.
- Every applicant is expected to submit with half-year bank statement related to the fixed deposit and savings account to the Controller (Visa) of the Department of Immigration Emigration.
- Should inform the Controller (Visa) of the Department of Immigration Emigration any changes in visa status, personal information is changed.
- The applications are accepted and processed only at the Department of Immigration Emigration in Colombo.
- Applicant will be notified the position of his/her application in writing within two weeks of the submission of application.
- Successful applicant will be issued (a) a Provisional Approval Letter to open up a fixed deposit Foreign Currency account and a savings account for US$ 1500 for living expenses and (b) instruction letter to the Operational Manager of the Bank
- Applicant should submit with the Bank Statement for fixed Deposit of US$15,000 and US$1500 for monthly remittance to the Competent Authority. Also US$ 750 for each dependent if applicable
- Residence visa is valid for two years, which is renewable, will be granted to the applicant and dependents.
- Visa Application Processing Fee (Please click herefor information about visa fees
- Application processing fee of US$ 150 for each applicant and dependent.
- Residence visa fee and tax – SLR. 20,000.00 per year for each applicant, spouse and of dependent children over 16 years age.
Procedure for extension of Residence Visa
documents need to submit with the Residence visa Form application-
- Copy of the passport/new passport
- Renewal notice of fixed deposit certificate and bank statement of savings account.
- Renewal notice of medical insurance policy
- Police clearance certificate obtain from Sri Lanka
For applications and instructions,
To obtain a Dream Home visa application form-
- Head office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo
Download printable versions of the Application Forms, http://www.immigration.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=105&lang=en
To submit the Dream Home visa application-
You can submit a tourist visa application to the nearest Sri Lankan Mission.
Please click the following link for information about Visa Fees
Maximum validity period of the Dream Home visa-
02 years, renewable.
To renew the Dream Home visa-
Applications for the extension of all visas should be made to the Department of Immigration and Emigration.
To get a Dream Home visa renewal Application Form-
- Head office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo
- Regional Offices at Kandy, Matara and Anuradhapura
For the details of Regional offices, please click the below link.
- Download printable versions of the Application Forms,
Other conditions applicable to renewal the My Dream Home visa
Intended stay in Sri Lanka should end at least two months before the expiry date of the applicants travel document.
- A Transit Visa, as its name implies, is an entry permit granted to a foreign national for admission into Sri Lanka for a brief period which is incidental and in the course of his journey to another destination.
- Nationals of countries listed in Schedule ‘A’ are given endorsements at the port of entry in Sri Lanka.
- Others should obtain Transit Visas from Sri Lankan Missions abroad or
Online from the www.eta.gov.lk official web site.
Eligibility requirements for the Transit visa-
- Any foreign national who is en-route to another country via Sri Lanka is the only eligible applicant for transit visas.
- A Transit Visa is not required by a passenger who enters Sri Lanka in the course of an unbroken journey, and the journey is to be continued by the same vessel or carrier.
- A Transit Visa will also not be required from any person or group when an airline provides a list of such transit passengers and undertakes to carry them on their next available flights.
- In such instances, the passports of the transit passengers will be retained by the Senior Authorized Officer at the Arrival Lounge and transferred to the Senior Authorized Officer at the Departure Lounge to be handed over to the passengers when they leave.
- This facility is not offered as a matter of routine but should be specifically applied for by the airlines and granted by the Controller General of Immigration & Emigration.
- This procedure is only applicable to passengers who require a prior visa for entry into Sri Lanka. Passengers who do not need a prior visa for entry will be allowed entry to then join their connecting flights.
To obtain a Transit visa application form-
For the list of Overseas Sri Lankan Missions click the following link-
- Download printable versions of the Application Forms-
To submit the Transit visa application-
submit your transit visa application to the nearest Sri Lankan Mission Or through the online from the www.eta.gov.lk official web site.
Documents need to submit with Transit visa application-
- 2 Passport size (Width3.5 cm Height 4.5 cm) photographs in blue background,
- Original Valid Passport & Photo Copy,
(Should Valid for a minimum 6 months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka.)
- Flight Itinerary,
- Hotel / Accommodation, booking details,
- Bank Statement (Last 06 months),
- Request Letter from the Visa Applicant, (All Kind of Visa Application forms can be downloaded at www.slhcpakistan.org)
fees applicable to Transit visa-
Visa fees are levied on a reciprocal basis. Transit Visa fees are the same as the Visit Visa fees.
Maximum validity period of a Transit visa-
A transit Visa shall be granted for a maximum of one month by the Sri Lankan Mission abroad.
To renew Transit visa-
- Applications for the extension of all visas should be made to the Department of Immigration and Emigration.
- If a Transit Visa has been issued for a shorter period than the statutory maximum period of one month, there should be no reason for refusing an extension if the applicant has complied with the conditions
To get a Transit visa renewal Application Form-
Head office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo
Download printable versions of the Application Forms
Other conditions applicable to renewal of a Transit visa-Intended date of stay in Sri Lanka should end at least two months before the expiry date of the applicants travel document.