If you wish to invite a foreign national for a holiday visit or short business trip to Sri Lanka, you may submit an ETA application by visiting Head office,
Department of Immigration and Emigration
Sri Subuthipura Road,
Hotline : 1962
Phone : 94-11-5329000 Hunting Line
Fax : 94-11-2885358
E-Mail : [email protected]
Web Site : www.immigration.gov.lk
Steps to be followed:
Visit the Department of Immigration and Emigration office in Colombo. Fill in the ETA application form and hand it over to the visa officer together with the relevant fee for ETA processing. (For more info…)
A notification of approval or referral will be sent as requested in the application to the applicant with a copy to the party who submitted the application.
Receive your ETA approval notice or referral notice. If referral notice is served, you may contact Department of Immigration and Emigration for necessary assistance.
To check your ETA application status you may log onto the ETA website or contact our 24/7 dedicated ETA call centre on 0094 71 99 67 888.It is advisable to keep a copy of the ETA approval with you to be produced at the point of entry in Sri Lanka. All ETA holders should produce the following requirements at the port of entry:
- To check the status of your ETA application, you may log onto the ETA website or contact 24/7 dedicated ETA call center on 0094 71 99 67 888.
- It is advisable to keep a copy of the ETA approval with you to be produced at the port of entry in Sri Lanka.
- All ETA holders should fulfill the following requirements at the port of entry.
- A passport valid for not less than 6 months from the date of arrival.
- A confirmed return ticket.
- Sufficient funds to meet the expenses during the stay.
- The ETA is initially limited up to 30 days from the date of arrival and it can be extended up to six months.