If you are planning a short visit to Sri Lanka, you can submit your ETA application online to the Department of Immigration & Emigration.
Steps to be followed:
- GVisit the eta.gov.lk web site.
- Click on the Apply button in the eta.gov.lk web site.
- Fill the ETA application truly and correctly.
- You must enter the passport number correctly
- You must enter nationality correctly as appears in the travel document
- You must enter your date of birth correctly
- You must recheck / crosscheck above information to ascertain that they have been entered correctly.
- You are required to pay for the visa again on arrival in case of any inconstancy in above particulars.
- Pay the relevant ETA processing fee using your electronic payment cards.
(Credit card / e-commerce enabled debit cards)
- You agree that your credit card(s) will be billed immediately after submission of your application. Requirements and Fees related to processing of your application are subject to change from time to time and you agree that the ETA processing fee once paid by you is not refundable and not transferable.
- Submit the application.
- Only Visa, Master and American Express Cards are accepted.
- If you are unable to pay by electronic payment cards, please check the alternative options in the ETA web site.
- If your application is successfully submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment promptly.
Please see the samples of ETA acknowledgment / approval notices.
- To check the status of your ETA application, you may log onto the ETA website
or contact 24/7 dedicated ETA call center on 0094 71 99 67 888.
- It is advisable to keep a copy of the ETA approval with you to be produced at the port of entry in Sri Lanka.
- All ETA holders should fulfill the following requirements at the port of entry.
- A passport valid for not less than 6 months from the date of arrival.
- A confirmed return ticket.
- Sufficient funds to meet the expenses during the stay.
- The ETA is initially limited up to 30 days from the date of arrival and it can be extended up to six months.