- For travelers who wish to visit Sri Lanka without prior ETA approval, a limited facility to obtain ETA at BIA is available.
- Additional fees will apply.
Steps to be followed:
- Upon arrival at the Bandaranayake International Airport – Colombo,
- report to the ETA issuing counter,
- fill in the ETA application form,
- pay the relevant ETA processing fee, only in US$ Only
(Electronic payment cards (credit card/e-commerce enabled debit cards) and cash in US$ are accepted.)
- If your application is approved, the ETA will be issued for up to 30 days.
- Receive your ETA approval notice or referral notice.
- If referral notice is served, you will be refused entry and returned to your original destination.
- Once you have received your ETA, please proceed to the Immigration Counter and submit your passport.
- To check the status of your ETA application, you may log onto the ETA website or contact 24/7 dedicated ETA call center on 0094 71 99 67 888.
- It is advisable to keep a copy of the ETA approval with you to be produced at the port of entry in Sri Lanka.
- All ETA holders should fulfill the following requirements at the port of entry.
- A passport valid for not less than 6 months from the date of arrival.
- A confirmed return ticket.
- Sufficient funds to meet the expenses during the stay.
- The ETA is initially limited up to 30 days from the date of arrival and it can be extended up to six months.