If you are planning a Short Visit to Sri Lanka, you can obtain the services of a third party such as,
- travel agents,
- Friends, or relatives etc., to apply for an ETA on your behalf.
Steps to be followed:
- Contact your preferred third party and advise them to lodge your ETA application.
- The third party may pay the relevant ETA processing fee and submit your application.
(Only Visa, Master and American Express Cards are accepted.)
- If the application is submitted successfully, an acknowledgement will be sent to the mentioned e mail address as requested in the application.
- Receive your ETA approval notice or referral notice to the e mail address mentioned by the applicant in the application.
If a referral notice is served, you may contact Department of Immigration and Emigration for necessary assistance.
- To check the status of your ETA application, you may log onto the ETA website or contact 24/7 dedicated ETA call center on 0094 71 99 67 888.
- It is advisable to keep a copy of the ETA approval with you to be produced at the port of entry in Sri Lanka.
- All ETA holders should fulfill the following requirements at the port of entry
- A passport valid for not less than 6 months from the date of arrival.
- A confirmed return ticket.
- Sufficient funds to meet the expenses during the stay.
- The ETA is initially limited up to 30 days from the date of arrival and it can be extended up to six months